Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring, O How I Love Thee!

“When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. The only thing that could spoil a day was people and if you could keep from making engagements, each day had no limits. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.” 
-Ernest Hemingway

Spring is here. FINALLY. (My man Ernest is pretty psyched too.) I can't even tell you how long I have been waiting for this. Actually I can--ever since the beginning of winter, which I feel like has lasted an eternity...what is this, Narnia? Springtime is one of my favorite things. It truly is a magical time of year. Everything is blooming, the sun is shining, and people are just generally happier. Here are a few springtime activities in which I plan to partake during this lovely time of year: 

1. Hammocking:
I love my eno. Enough said.



2. Picnicking at Reynolda Village
a grassy field + a quilt + food + friends = one happy camper (i.e. me) 


3. Crafting 
This isn't exactly a "springtime activity," per se, but it's just something i want to do this spring because it's fun. yay crafts!


Also...this might be the weirdest thing I've seen in awhile: 

Why. just why. 

Anywho, I also love spring because it's such a hopeful time of year. Not only are there fun springtime festivities at Wake to look forward to (wake 'n shake--which was awesome, and shag on the mag, to name a couple) but in general spring is a season which holds so much promise. The dreariness of winter is over, the sun is shining, flowers are blooming, and my personal favorite....it's chaco wearing season!! Actually, i wear chacos virtually all year, but I've found that it's more socially acceptable in the spring. 


Here's my chaco tan from last summer!!!
.....JOKES. who am I kidding, i never get that tan. Oh well...a girl can dream.
I'll leave you with a picture that I believe effectively encapsulates my excitement about spring:

peace. love. lambs.

No comments:

Post a Comment